Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Busby scan (Was: Feet wet?)

At 09:39 23.10.2003 -0600, Jay wrote:
>Does Acrobat contain OCR?  There web site as per the link that someone else
>put up here seems to state that.
>
>To "create searchable text from scans" seems to imply that?

Acrobat professional does, but you are better off with dedicated OCR software.
Acrobat is ok if you don't have many pages and let it handle your scanner.
ABBYY (really!) fine reader is ok for home if you like to try it out.
It has a free trial period.

Is this getting OT for psubs ?
Or should we change the "encarta" to include resurrection of out-of-print
books ;)

Jari