Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] escape & rescue

I design those kinds of systems, and can tell you that
they wouldn't let you enter something dangerous! Look
at a vertical machinig center. You enter everything
through a keypad, but it checks everything you enter
and sets an alarm if you enter something dangerous. If
you want to continue you have to over-ride the system.
I guarantee you that you could make such a navigation
system safe and reliable. You wouldn't be using
command
line arguments, however! You would basically be using
control sequence macros (dive planes up, blow 5% soft
ballast, etc.) You would then use fly-by-wire to
control the speed, etc. For example, lets say I have
a graphical depiction of a "speed meter", dragging my
finger up/down the meter would set my speed. This
could all be done through a water tight touch screen.
It is all a bit advanced for your average PSUB, but it
is becoming more available all the time, thanks to all
the handy modules you can purchase off the shelf.

Warren.