Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hull failure calculation sheet

A major issue in Marine quality materials is    uniformity in strength.   Is one section of the sewer pipe as strong as another. Is the wall thickness consistent? Is the density of the steel consistent?

dinosnider666@spacemail.com wrote:

> Do you get an certificates, or guarantees with your sewer pipe?
> I.e., that it's made from such'n'such quality steel and inpected
> for defects. At least you are getting it new, rather than used,
> hopefully it will be less abused...
>
> > I didn't know anything about batteries til a month ago. Me 'n Ryan have figured out how to roll our own that match top-end batteries. Sure, we'll screw it up the first few times. But once prototype works, we'll scale up and put the labour in. There are part-marks for tenacity.

---
haha. Back to the 'I'm SO broke' part. Will be used. But like really matters if pick test depth, drop it down unmanned, and never ever go near that depth again - and periodically test.

The optima spiralcells have cylindrical cross-section. Precisely my thinking also.
--
try a search under 'battery design' and software.
saw some nice stuff on wetcell and dryair designs. Nice -better than nothing - 'in case of emergency break glass' - throw in water, or puncture seal and vacuum etc.

Two guiding principles govern Israel Naval Commando doctrine:

1.Every defense system is vulnerable.

2.The enemy can deal with weapons and operational methods that are known; for that reason, naval commandos use imagination, daring and initiative, to create situations which cannot be anticipated.

Do you Yahoo!?