Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Back to surface propulsion (generators)

Just what is it you want a battery for?
An automobile battery is used for fairly high current draw for short period of time. The starter motor then when the engine is running it gets recharged.
Marine and RV batteries were intended for longer discharge.
Gel cells were originaly invented for submarine, and they are lead acid internally. Nickel Cadminum batteries (wet cells) were originaly used in airplanes, and primarily in aviation as far as i know.
bob duncan

dinosnider666@spacemail.com wrote:

> --0-1422958767-1066062819=:85022
>
> an alternator (meaning an electromagnet generator and not a permanent magnet generator) is used in place of the old PMG because it can produce higher voltage and current at lower RPM
> bob
> ----\
Thanks, very helpful. (Liberal Arts...)
If you know - what type of battery allows very high draw for short period- would good old car batteries work best? For start-on-hill in a bicyle.
D.
Could a dynahub-knockoff light generator in the hub already be good for/ be rebuilt to generate recharging power for a battery?
Thanks. I think the Shimanos are most cost-effective.
D.

Two guiding principles govern Israel Naval Commando doctrine:

1.Every defense system is vulnerable.

2.The enemy can deal with weapons and operational methods that are known; for that reason, naval commandos use imagination, daring and initiative, to create situations which cannot be anticipated.

Do you Yahoo!?