Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] viewport testrig

Hi Emile, thats exact the way we test the big glas windows
for the big meagyachts. The main reason for this procdure is to test the
glas and the frame together. On our last yacht it was a class (LRS)
requirement to test at least two tipical windows. Takes about two weeks
to build the frame - glue the glas - bolted all together in the test
tank. Cost about one Kittredge sub Kit.. Destroyed in a minute or less.

If you want to go that way -okay - but you have to test about - say 3
portholes and get the same result before you belive it..

For submarine Windows and portholes the ABS rules and calculation
workes just fine.

regards Carsten