Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: escape question

I don't remember, but i believe Alvin sank after it returned to the surface, and was swamped or accidently dropped back in to the water.
  bob duncan

Michael B Holt <tlohm@juno.com> wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:54:54 +0000 bmshomstein@att.net writes:

>I know 2 incidents where subs were ditched then salvaged.
>
>The Alvin sank and sat on the bottom for a year in the 1960s. I don't
>remember the entire story, it's in the book "Water Baby".

In about a mile of water, as I recall. A bit rich for my blood.

>The other was a sub some friends sank in a canal in the Florida Keys.
>An external battery pod exploded and the sub sank in the canal. The sub
>was quickly raised.

Do we have a good report on this one? I've never heard of it.

>--
>Berny Shomstein
>P O Box 1644
>Miami, FL 33233

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Two guiding principles govern Israel Naval Commando doctrine:

1.Every defense system is vulnerable.

2.The enemy can deal with weapons and operational methods that are known; for that reason, naval commandos use imagination, daring and initiative, to create situations which cannot be anticipated.

Do you Yahoo!?