[PSUBS-MAILIST] viewport testrig

Hello,

In the discussion on viewports comes tru that they are difficult to calculate an predict.
I have a simple idea to test them ( Also the glass, housing and seal) very realistic. I posted an Acad` sketch on moki what makes it clear.
Al you meed is a complete viewport assy, a thick steel plate, a pressure gauge and a hydraulic pump( a high pressure cleaner with bleed valve wil also do).
Rise the pressure slowly (testing materials quick gives a higher reading) til failure. if the gauge says 50 bar, destuction depth for the viewports is 500 meter.
Maybe it exists already 30 years or somebody knows it doesnt work; please shoot at it.

regards, Emile van Essen