[PSUBS-MAILIST] laminar vs. turbulent flow

  This topic has had it's fair share of discussion in the past, but I would
like to add an idea I saw in the October 2003 Popular Science.  On page 83,
in the article 'The Shape of Wings to Come,' the author mentions the use of
various materials layered over or imbedded in the skin of aircraft that can
vibrate via an electric current.  Allowing the modification of the
vibrations would allow one to alter the 'roughness' of the vehicle's
surface, maintaining the optimium flow for any given speed.

regards,
Shin

"And further more, be advised that although this is actually a live
broadcast and is being sent out at this very moment, it is quite possible
that it may arrive tomorrow, right now, or perhaps even yesterday." -Serial
Experiments Lain ep#8

Send and receive larger attachments with Hotmail Extra Storage.
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es