Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Small marine diesel generator

I would imagine that it couldn't produce enough power for
propulsion.  I seem to recall that stirling engines need
over 200 degrees temperature difference to produce usable
power.  You can get a stirling engine which is powered
from the heat of your hand, but I doubt it would produce
enough power to go any where.

I would be interesting in any references you could provide
about using temperature gradients to drive a stirling
cycle engine.  So far the only one I've heard about was
really a glider, that would do half a cycle when it
was deep enough (cold enough), which would be used to
change the gliders displacement (making it lighter than
water), and another half cycle when it was near the
surface (when the water was warm again), this half
cycle changes the displacement again causing the glide to
be heavier than water and start sinking again.

Ian.