[PSUBS-MAILIST] Small marine diesel generator

How about a stirling cycle engine as a power source?
A company is selling (rather pricey) stirling cycle
diesel generators to people who have nice quiet sailboats
and don't want noisy internal combustion engines on
board.  It only generates 750W, but, I really want one:

  http://www.whispertech.co.nz/

I would really want two or four maybe.  Although, for the
cost I be would paying (the cheapest one I found was $13600us)
I might be able to have a custom stirling engine built.

Of course, I don't know how well sealed the burning area
is, but it probably wouldn't be hard to put the whole thing
in a sealed off container, with it's own exhaust port and air
input to the out side world. Mainly for fumes that it might
give off, but also if any explosive gas where building up
in the hull, the flame would be sealed off from them.

It seems that it is either a multi-fuel enginer (similar
to the multi-fuel coleman stoves maybe), or pretty easy to
convert to different fuels (the great thing about an external
combustion engines - they can burn anything).

Ian.