Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pampanito

>From: Jeff Post <jeffpost@rawbw.com>
>
> I would love to check that out, but in these post 9/11 times, snooping around to
> see cool things is hazardous to your freedom.

' Hadn't thought of that.  There are tours. There used to be a local show
called "People are Talking" with Jan Yanehiro and Steve Fox ( KPIX?)
and another "California's Gold" with Huell Hauser. They showed on board tours,
but it was on carriers and destroyers not subs. However, their video clips showed
shots of the submarines. I saw these subs while flying over the bay,
but that was years ago. I used to be a manager at the Fort Mason
Foundation and the Jeremiah O'Brien is berthed there for exhibit
( or was...is it still there? ) I think Golden Gate National Recreation
handles all these tours you might want to give them a call? The office
used to be at the Foundation.

>I do have some good shots of the
> Glomar Explorer, from the water side, when it used to be anchored there.

Wow....when was this?  Would you have a pic or two you could attach
to email to me offlist?   Did you check out any of the America's Cup
contenders on the Embarcadero?  This was a few years back. Occaisonally
they would take the wraps off and tease the public with a few peeks.

Speaking of "subs" there's a shop at the corner Lincoln and Judah
across from the park that have excellent  "humongous" New York
style subs. ' Been there? If not, go and get their "Atomic Sub".  :-)

--Steve