Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Speaking of starting flame wars ...

Much of what we learn about ourselves come from the
archaeological excavations of *burial* sites and in excavating
sunken ships.
Had not our ancestors been steeped in ritual, religion, pomp,
and superstition in funereal practice we wouldn't have the
historical and cultural insights.

You might think me eccentric and frivolous for this topic,
but think about it.  Don't think in terms of "now", but
centuries or a millenia from now.  What if instead of a thin metal tube
for a vessel, you put a little thought and imagination to this. You
build something to last. In this vessel you put significant artifacts
that tell others who you were and the times you lived in.  How about
placing a "Busby", transcripts from a pSubs discussion, a model
and/or the plans for a K350,  all incased in a protective covering?
How about a roster of the pSubs members especially names and
pictures and a short bio of those in the group who built subs?
Then you're laid to rest somewhere in the deep.  Who knows, a
thousand years from now your coffin [ if it survives the ravages of time ]
might be the most significant archaeological discovery of that future time?
The "Iceman" had no idea how significant his frozen remains
were to become for archaeologists and anthropologists. And he didn't
plan his funeral.
What would you place in your pSub shaped vessel? How would you
be dressed? A  submariner's period outfit?
[ that will throw the archaeologists off ]
Can you imagine "Carl" being an exhibit in some future museum?
[ Make sure you're wearing clean underwear ....Jeez, what if
the only thing that survived was your underwear  :-o  ]

Oh well...
--Steve