RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Waterproof controls

Hi,

thanks for all the constructive comments.  as for emergency flooding - i
agree, wet components will be the least of my worries :(

i did however also intend training/drill flooding, plus i wanted the option
to flood it for a diver lockout.  I will certainly want to try this at
least once during the initial testing.

the electronics are one thing - either isolate or insulate.  i suspect
saltwater may cause more damage than fresh water, but i hear that when CFCs
got banned, many manufacturers now wash their boards with circuit boards
with demineralised water.

one of my major concerns is more things like the air scubbers.  i have
heard that when the chemicals get wet they dissolve and turn into a caustic
solution.  fumes concern me in the cabin, trying to swim out thru an alkali
seems even worse :(

any suggestions? - i have noted discussion on a one way valve on the
scrubbers (to prevent flowback), but how about a 2 way shutoff valve?  im
thinking i would like this one to detect water and shut down
automatically.  failing that i guess i could just turn it off manually
prior to a scheduled flooding.  :)

thx
peter