[PSUBS-MAILIST] fantasy sub picture

     I remember when I was about 12 or 13 years old (say around 1963) going
to the only theater in my home town of Springhill, LA to see a movie that
was about one half cartoon and the other half actors and sets.  The movie
was about old submarines, fantasy in nature.  Of course being interested in
subs from my earliest years, I found it fascinating and watched it several
times.  At say 50 cents per showing, I probably spent a grand total of
$1.50 just watching it!
     As I remember this movie, it was very interesting, but, then I was
only about 13 years old.  Does anyone know what the name of this movie
was?  I have not seen a single reference to it since.  The photo below
reminded me of the subs in this old black and white movie.

Gary Boucher