[PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS Pressure Hull, DoubleEndcap

Thijs, I finally got your hull imported. I am afraid
that
I can't edit the model, just view it. I will have to
rebuild the model to run FEA on it. No biggie.
However,
I am looking at that hull, and it's really growing on
me. I have gotten a professional engineering opinion
of
the hull design, with our application being taken into
account; it recieved high marks. The only potential
issue
was stability. Any input on this? A small keel would
be
good, and could act as a drop weight. What about a
short
tail structure? I am also trying to work out how much
battery capacity we could store inside the hull, since
this design doesn't lend itself to external battery
pods
cleanly. I would like any additional ideas and/or
input
concerning the Thijs pressure hull. I'll post an FEA
report when I have finished.

Warren.