[PSUBS-MAILIST] a rememberance of things past

Some of us elder flatulences might remember when even working class guys
were assumed to be literate (as opposed to illiterate) and there were magazines
for them.  Generally the cheaper the magazine or the lower brow the aimed
clientele was, the more lurid the cover and the verbiage on it.

So....sometime in late 50s or early 60s I saw one that had a series
of photographs ostensibly taken in a U-boat as it was being depth charged.
The first was presumed to be taken as the control room gang heard a
depth charge hit the water and then their reactions as it approached them
with the last shot being just before it killed them.  I assume a waterproof
camera and it was salvaged from the shallow water sunk  submarine.

Anybody else here rememeber that magazine?
I wonder if that was faked?

Larry Murray