Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Welcome to the Personal_Submersibles_Discussion

 OK guys, I guess I should say a few words in support of composite submersibles.
The Bionic Dolphin although designed for shallow dives of 30m or so, makes use
of advanced matrix composites, i.e.. Carbon, Kevlar, Spectra and S-glass in an
aircraft grade epoxy with a double hulled syntactic "sandwich" structure,,,,
VERY STRONG, VERY light and best of all to me,,, VERY FAST.
Deep Fright is wound E-glass in isothalic polyester and about 5 cm thick, again,,,,
VERY STRONG and capable of great depths.
 They have not been around long enough for extensive cycling analysis and I don't know
about Graham, but lab cycling and destructive testing is way out of my budget, so until
I run into daddy bigbucks I will continue to bet my ass that the technology is sound and
continuing to advance.

 Composite subs will become more and more common as people begin to understand
their inherent physical advantages, and I strongly believe the "Flyers" and dynamic
"Helosubs" will  also be showing up more and more around the world.

OK, there's 2 cents worth from the lunatic fringe.

"For beneath the surface,,, flies the future"

Doc

Pierre Poulin wrote:

Hi,

I say, let's keep an open mind here. I'm curious about any new idea. And it
wasn't very long  ago that I heard about nuclear psubs...

I want to hear your idea! And then, we could all give constructive comments
on it and maybe improve it?

Pierre

http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/