Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] SOS call (slightly OT)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:55:09 -0500 Jack Skoda writes:

>  I've been a lurker here for the better part of two years now.  I
>am a graduate student, working on a Master of Arts degree in
>History of Science and Technology.

Welcome back, Jack.

> I'm just about at the
>end of my program.  My field faculty advisor has become
>unable to help me complete my thesis and now I find myself
>three months away from graduation without a mentor.

Oops.   What happened?

>What I need is a person with a Ph.D. in history, military science,
>engineering, or industrial design who can review my work to
>ensure the content is academic and credible

Can your school find someone?

If not, check the website of VCU (vcu.edu); ask in the history or
engineering departments.   At UR (richmond.edu), ask in the
history department.

>If you can help me or point me in the direction of someone who can,
>I would be eternally grateful.  Also, Vermont College offers a stipend
>to field faculty advisors (around $200 I think) which I would
>augment with a nice bottle of Scotch/Vodka/Cognac.

Ask again at Vermont College.     Someone there should
have the connections.

Mike

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com