[PSUBS-MAILIST] SOS call (slightly OT)

Hi folks,

  I've been a lurker here for the better part of two years now.  I
am a graduate student, working on a Master of Arts degree in
History of Science and Technology.  I'm just about at the
end of my program.  My field faculty advisor has become
unable to help me complete my thesis and now I find myself
three months away from graduation without a mentor.

What I need is a person with a Ph.D. in history, military science,
engineering, or industrial design who can review my work to
ensure the content is academic and credible.  I was working with
a Ph.D. in history who happened to be a World War II vet.  He was an
Army public affair officer and not well versed in subs.  So if there
are glaring omissions in any of this material, please let me know.

The executive summary is this:  The study is a survey of submarine
design from 1580 through 1945.  I have written one paper on the
risks associated with early submarine experimentation and another
paper on submarine and anti-submarine warfare during the Great War.
My final document is a comparative study of the U-boat to the
US fleet submarine during World War II.  I've read Mahan, Sun Tzu,
Clauswitz, Lake, Döenitz, Bak, Brayton, and Busby (thanks Doug.)
I've studied Drebbel, Bushnell, Fulton, Hunely, McClintock, Mumson,
and Bauer.

If you can help me or point me in the direction of someone who can,
I would be eternally grateful.  Also, Vermont College offers a stipend
to field faculty advisors (around $200 I think) which I would
augment with a nice bottle of Scotch/Vodka/Cognac.