Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS spec sheet

Lead-acid batteries out-gas, to start with. It you lose pressure
in a HPA or ballast tank, you are isolated from the discharge.
Electrical fires are another hazard that is eliminated by keeping
all outside the hull. This isn't a concern in a sub the size of
the one you are building. But in a small sub, do you really have
room to properly seal off these potential sources of danger? On
the outside you have potential snagging problems, but a fairing
will solve that problem. Unless I am missing something? This is
what I have read, and it makes sense.

Warren.

--
http://www.linuxmail.org/