Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS spec sheet

Hi Greg - depents of what you want - for me on a sub 2,5 meter
and 16 m length is the minimum - if I had more money maybe 3 meter
diameter to 20 meter length give more comfort - so I can add a guest
cabin, a freezer, a bar and additional stores.

But the decison was to make it possible as homebuild in your garage
and to carry it on a bigger normal car on the street.
The limit for the most cars are in the 3000 Kg areas and that is with
the trailer - right ? Okay .. so we have 2400 - 2500 kg for the sub.

If you have a 8 ts sub with 2 meter diameter you need at least
1,8 m + 0,2 m wheel= 2 meter waterdepth at the end of the slipway and
with the back wheels of your car just in the water - impossible mission
even with a 4x4.  On most slipways here even a 1 m diamter Kittredge
is a hard figure - look in the achive for trailer, and slipways etc.
We disscuss that allready a longtime ago.
So you need a lorry, a harbour with key and crane, an crane driver..
.. seems that is not what most of the guys have in mind.

8ts fast to travel useful Boat = 50-80.000 Dollar ??

Another point .. if you have to purchase a lorry, a crane, a forklift
:-) - than it is a esay step to build a much bigger boat
up to the limit the lorry can carry.. :-)

I think a comfortable twoseater should use the max.possible
weight limit - means about 2400 kg for an european non lorry
driver licence psuber.

Even I with a light truck (7,5 ts) licence can not carry the
8 ts sub..

regards Carsten