Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS multi-ring-size hull

Uhhh. That would be too heavy, obviously. Are your calculations
assuming that the 2 meter section would be hollow? I mean, I was
assuming that the 2 meter section had a solid deck in it, thereby
reducing displacement. Also, I did take my own advise and try the
mock-up idea. 2 meters would be nice, but that sections of the hull
would be just fine at more like 1.25 meters long by 1.8 meters, with
a corresponding drop in the size of the smaller section. If this
displacement problem were resolved, which I believe it can be, do you
see any other problems with the general layout? Like I said, a deck
would be used inside to reduce volume, since it is really the width
that is nice, the height can be reduced by .5 meters to reduce volume
and provide ballast.

Warren.

--
http://www.linuxmail.org/