Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS spec sheet - Marder

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:02:59 -0700 Coalbunny writes:
>Pardon me carsten, but that is absolutely insane!  Riding an armed
>torp for TEN HOURS to a target in cold water to a target is not my idea
of
>fun.  Of course they didn't do it for fun, but even then, under those
>circumstances it's really difficult to do the job.

That's why most of the pilots died: it's just too hard to keep alert
under those conditions.   Bushnell's Turtle failed for a similar
reason.

All of which brings us to the question of comfort.   How do we keep
warm and comfortable?

Mike H.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com