Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS spec sheet

Any special tools that we need should be factored in
to the overall cost.  This would include the method of
transporting it to and from the dive site.  If 'we' are
planning to build a submarine of the size people are talking
about then you will probably need either a crane or strong
forklift truck for lifting parts and section into place.

Although, it might be more econimical to get a vehicle
such as a flat bed truck with a built on crane:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6729&item=2400013033

The specs being kicked around sounds more like the size of
a 4 to 6+ person sub, with room to stand up.  I've got
say I would love to have a sub like that, but I'm not
sure how relistic it is to solve all the logistical problems
for constructing such a vessel by a private individual.
In fact I think hardly any one would beable to finance
and construct such a vessel, more so since this is intended
as a 'first submarine'.  1 meter is a more realistic hull
diameter...  your second sub could be 2 meters....

Ian.