Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS spec sheet

At 11:18 15.1.2003 +0800, "Warrend Greenway" wrote:
>I am not trying in any way to quell the idea. I just want some practical
>explainations of the mating system. I have never seen a flange on this
>scale work, but that is not to say it isn't practical. Also, I really

The finnish WWII submarine "Saukko" was made so that it could be broken
to pieces for transportation and reassembled.

With quick googling I got 2 pages in english about Saukko.
http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/pictures/pictures_finland_class.htm
http://www.warships1.com/FINss11_Saukko_specs.htm

I don't have any hard data on dive depths, but i'd say less than 100 meters
(300' )
based on depths on it's designated war time location (inland sea Laatokka).

It's design is based on german coastal subs, but it was offially designed
in Belgium
for obvious reasons ;)

Just thought to let you know that it can be done. I'm not taking any sides.

Jari

--
Jari Siikarla