Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Shark Skin Effect

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:21:55 -0700
Coalbunny <coalbunny@vcn.com> wrote:

> Ya know, that bed liner would be excellent, I think.  You guys are
> talking about improving performance, I'm talking about hull damage.  I
> think that bed liner would protect the hull from most minor damages.

I've heard that the spray on bed liner can hide rust, which could
become a major problem.  It would also make it harder to inspect the
hull.  If you where to do the effect on an extern shell rather than
the pressure hull, then it might be easier to it when making the parts
of shell, i.e. print the pattern on the inside of mold, throw down a
layer of jell-coat, then a few layers of fiber-glass.  Then cured,
it should pop out (assuming the mold wax worked) and have the texture
required for the effect.

Ian.