Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Gyro-Compass, want to purchase

We use in our tools here at work Litton LN-200 INS.  They cost us about
$20000.00 USD.  They need constant updating to be as accurate as we need.
I also doubt that a lost cost ins (gyro) is very good.  We tested several
here and found they are OK to patch GPS data in poor signal quality areas
for a short time period.  (5 min, or so but we are trying to attain sub
metre accuracy also).

I also doubt anything thats low cost is that good.

How about a GPS antenna on a float to get a fix periodically?

                      MerlinSub@t-online.de
                      (Carsten Standfuss)               To:       personal_submersibles@psubs.org
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-personal_submersible        Subject:  Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Gyro-Compass, want to purchase
                      s@psubs.org

                      10/01/2003 03:30 PM
                      Please respond to
                      personal_submersibles

Hi Steven - I can not belive that a 100 dollar gyro can give
me an excat course over days..
Is that real a gyro ?
But please send me the zip file to
Carsten@euronaut.org and I will check it out.