Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Gyro-Compass, want to purchase

Carsten,

An electric Directional Gyrocompass from an airplane works well.   Very
accurate and reliable.

(Don't get the more-common vacuum operated kind.  Needs an engine-driven
vacuum pump to make it work.)

There's a company here in the US called TRADE-A-PLANE: a newspaper where
people advertise aircraft and parts for sale.  They may have a website you
can find on your browser.  You'll find electric DG's in the "parts for sale"
section.

And sometimes I see electric DG's for sale on eBay.  Search Directional Gyro
or DG.

First, you might try going to your local airport and asking some of the
pilots and mechanics (especially those with homebuilt aircraft) where to
find one locally.  That would probably be your best bet.

A used electric DG in good working condition might cost about $350 USD.

Pat