Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Plywood and auto parts.

Michael B Holt schrieb:

> On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 20:53:47 +0100 Carsten Standfuss writes:
> >
> >> Was the plywood being used as a mold; that is, was the acrylic
> >> being formed against the plywood?
> >
> >  _        _      plywood ring
> >  ----------      acrylic sheet
> >  -        ===    plywood ring with air vale
> >  ----------      plywood plate
>
> That's the same method in the Markham plans.   How well did
> it work?

It doesn't work well.. I put the unit out the oven during the time I saw
that the acrlic sunk in the middle - short before it contact with his
centerpoint the baseplate. Then I connected air wire from a airpump (a
small electric 18 atmosph. compressor) to the vale and blow the bubble..
..but lost to much air via the plywood - so the bubble make just some
20° degree and not the 180° I want.
Also I found that the plywood isolate the acrylic in the rand areas
to much from the heat .. next time I prefer to test a mold with
aluminium rings and plates..
The acrylic was about a half inch strong - and the plywood maybe not the
best..

How much will the pine planks cost ?
And how much the overall project ?
How much hours you will spend ?
Have you think about after using the sub - to
spent it for museums porpose ?

The "..naut" in Euronaut is also a contribution to S.Lake..

regards Carsten 			WWW.euronaut.org