[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrogen Fuel

I found the following sources for the safe storage of
hydrogen. It seems to work on the same principle as
air scrubbers only using a metal hydride as the storage
medium for hydrogen.
There was a discussion on venting the hydrogen given
off by batteries.  I wonder if a method could be developed
to cycle this through the metal hydride to utilize it for fuel?

The paper "30535aa.pdf" shows a graphic of the fuel cell
used on a motorcycle.  Would a Honda 80 engine be an
adequate power plant for the K350? I suppose other considerations
could be made like a Honda GoldenWing with modified
drive shaft or a BMW R90 engine?

--Steve

"... Preliminary results on the conversion of a Honda Elite 80 gasoline
scooter will
also be discussed. Metal Hydride Storage Systems for H-ICE Scooters ECD has
... "
www.eren.doe.gov/hydrogen/pdfs/30535aa.pdf

"...an Integrated PV - Electrolysis Metal Hydride Hydrogen Generation ... "
www.eren.doe.gov/hydrogen/pdfs/28890rr.pdf

"Metal Hydride Hydrogen Storage Tanks"
http://www.fuelcellstore.com/products/hci/product_desc.htm

"US4489564: Hydride storage for hydrogen "
http://www.delphion.com/details?pn10=US04489564

"ST-90 fuel supply for small engines or fuel cells - stainless steel"
http://www.ergenics.com/page2.htm