Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] nuclear psub?

From: Warrend Greenway <dub@linuxmail.org>

> Yeah, speaking of cloud chamber...Scientific American had a hands-on
article on exactly that,
> years ago. Could be a fun.

Hmmm, we seem to be nearing that quantum boundary ( or un-boundary)
In order to get back to the subject of submersibles, perhaps
we might ponder gravity bubbles or gravity wells for pressure
hulls and hydromagneto drives for propulsion.
Anyone think a microwave/ microwave guide to a chamber that would heat the
sea water and the rapid expansion from heated water would
generate enough thrust ?  I think the resonant frequency for water
is around 2.0-2.5 ghz? You'd have to shield it or the submersible would
turn into a microwave oven.

--Steve