Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] nonskid paint

On Friday, Jan 3, 2003, at 08:56 US/Central, Dan H. wrote:

Sand in the paint doesn't make it look sloppy at all.  It makes it look like ...... well, sand in the paint!

The color doesn't change.  It doesn't form runs any more or less.  If it's a gloss paint your using sand in, it still has the gloss but instead of a mirror smooth finish, it has tiny sand grain size lumps that make it nonskid.  Try to imagine fine grit sand paper with a lot of space between the grains of sand.  It's especially useful with gloss paint because it's really slippery when wet.

OK. I'll have to mix up a small test batch, and try it on something, because I'm still having trouble picturing it. My creaky old speedboat has a gray old sheet of plywood for a floor, and it gets mighty slippery about the third time the dog climbs back in from retrieving his toy. Maybe I'll try it there this summer, if I STILL haven't come across a sexy new Feather Craft to replace it. (http://www.feathercraftboats.com/)

David
buchner@wcta.net
Osage, MN, USA
http://customer.wcta.net/buchner