Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Framework around the hull.

This is a fairly old message, but I don't see follow-ups, and I'm
almost caught up in my reading.

On Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002, at 20:06 US/Central, Michael B Holt wrote:
> I've been wondering about building a framework around the essentials of
> any
> small sub.   It would be nothing more than a way to streamline the
> thing,
> and
> to hold various cables and to support, perhaps, a place to stand.  The
> "plating"
> would be fiberglass.
>
> I know this has been done.   What kind of tubing is used?

I'm not sure I follow. Do don't mean just a skeletal frame around the
whole works -- like a cage -- do you? You're talking about something to
attach a whole separate hull to, for looks really. At least this is
what I know you or I would be doing with it: this is the part where you
get to make it look like a spaceship or a Typhoon Class (or -- gasp --
the Disney Nautilus...) instead of looking like a
functional-but-less-inspiring conglomeration of tanks and pods.

Someplace to stand does seem like a very good idea. For some reason, I
keep thinking of a flat deck surface with narrowly spaced 1" cedar
strips screwed down to it for non-slipperiness.

David
buchner@wcta.net
Osage, MN, USA
http://customer.wcta.net/buchner