Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Framework around the hull.

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 12:49:06 -0600 David Buchner <buchner@wcta.net>
writes:

>I'm not sure I follow. Do don't mean just a skeletal frame around the
>whole works -- like a cage -- do you? You're talking about something to
>attach a whole separate hull to, for looks really.

That's the idea.   The outer hull is just for making the shape less
bumpy.

>At least this is
>what I know you or I would be doing with it: this is the part where
>you get to make it look like a spaceship or a Typhoon Class (or -- gasp
--
>the Disney Nautilus...) instead of looking like a
>functional-but-less-inspiring conglomeration of tanks and pods.

Exactly. but you have to keep in mind that while it would make
the thing "look better" it would also protect the parts from damage
as well as clean up the shape.

>Someplace to stand does seem like a very good idea. For some reason, I
>keep thinking of a flat deck surface with narrowly spaced 1" cedar
>strips screwed down to it for non-slipperiness.

Non-skid is a huge boat problem.   The best answer I ever heard
was from a Ross Norgrove book.   He suggested dropping rock salt
in the wet paint on the deck, and the just washing the deck to
dissolve the salt.

Mike H.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com