[PSUBS-MAILIST] Ice insulation on submarine under construction..

Michael B Holt schrieb:
> >Carsten - have Christmas Holidays - work on the boat.
> >Everything outside with a surface of massiv ice - but get inside
> >from -4 to +10 degree with one 2 kw Electric heather..
>
> That's a large change in temperature!   You must have
> wrapped the hull in insulation!   How much snow do you
> have on the ground?

No snow - ice on the ground and on the hull - and the one inch steel
hull is not covered with insulation - just with the inside layer of
aluminium walls and decks (see the last picture on "Der Bau" at an
WWW.euronaut.org)

> >The Diesel 192 HP 10 Liter displacement, Emotor 40 KW 400V DC, both
> >Compressors, both highpressure Seewater bilge pumps, the frequenzy 33
> >kva converter for the AC 380V 50 Hz mainbus A, etc. etc. allready here
> >since some days - have to work out the engineroom foundations the next
> >weeks..
>
> Are you keeping a journal of the project?   There's a book in this!

I have not a real journal - but I collect the bill's in a list by date..
.. gives also a good overview about the project status and my pockets..
Also there will be in the next future a day by day journal (Bautagebuch)
on the Homepage just under the pictures and on top of the Psubs link
logo.

regards Carsten