Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bullshit bingo for submarine design discussions

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:20:20 +0100 MerlinSub@t-online.de (Carsten
Standfuss) writes:
>Also this sounds good ?
>
>"My next project is developt to carry 20 tourist in a
>a submarine made from a old truck-tank up to deeps
>about 3000 feet. I just need some information about the 2-3
>frames I maybe need to make the hull stronger..
>Can I use the windows from my old cars - if I glue 3 or 4
>top to top of them together ?"

I love it!

>Maybe you should rework the matrix more general.. !-)

I agree.   The matrix is written for talking in generalities;
for details, you're quite correct that some changes would
be a proper.

>Carsten - have Christmas Holidays - work on the boat.
>Everything outside with a surface of massiv ice - but get inside
>from -4 to +10 degree with one 2 kw Electric heather..

That's a large change in temperature!   You must have
wrapped the hull in insulation!   How much snow do you
have on the ground?

>The Diesel 192 HP 10 Liter displacement, Emotor 40 KW 400V DC, both
>Compressors, both highpressure Seewater bilge pumps, the frequenzy 33
>kva converter for the AC 380V 50 Hz mainbus A, etc. etc. allready here
>since some days - have to work out the engineroom foundations the next
>weeks..

Are you keeping a journal of the project?   There's a book in this!

MIke H.
.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com