Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrogen Fuel Cells coming closer for Psubs?

The use of a fuel cell does provide it's own solutions.

The heat comes out mostly in the form of hot water. The water
produced by the fuel cell has to be ejected outside the sub
anyway, either via the bilge, or a dedicated pumping system.

BTW, a 30-40 kW fuel cell is considerable. Not so much in
terms of the unit itself, but in terms of the fuel storage
requirements, more specifically the oxygen.

There are other factors to consider as well in terms of
energy storage. Some products have been successfully used
with liquid fuels. A catalytic reaction is used to convert
the liquid hydrocarbons into hydrogen, and CO2. Such systems
could reduce the requirement for compressed gas storage
to oxygen only.

Guy