Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrogen Fuel Cells coming closer for Psubs?

Ian is right .. thats are the two most biggest problems
in submarine fuel cells..

- very clean hydrogen - or the livetime is limited..
- Hydrogen leakage.. most available system are not 100 %
  hydrogen tight.. no problem in a car.. but in a sub..
  .. maybe a candle can fix that..

and there is a third one..

- heat.. a 1000 watt fuel cell with a efficency of say
  50 % produce also 1000 watt heat..
  if they build something with 75 % you get still 333 watt heat.

On the other side - a calculation on Euronaut shows that the
vessels underwater range increase four times with a watercooled
PCM Fuelcell with oxygen and hydrogen in 300 bar gas storage tanks
and removed batteries..

Carsten