Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrogen Fuel Cells coming closer for Psubs?

I don't think so.. if you increase the amount of oxygen in the fuelcell
storage bottle to the amount you need for breathing and for the
fuelcell. Means you have more oxygen in the storage bottles than is
equal to the hydrogen support.. fuel cell stops automaticly using
oxygen - if the hydrogen bottles are empty.
Another point.. fuel cell needs the gases under a low pressure of about
2 bars/atmospheres - so in a 1atm boat you can use/calculate at least
one atmosphere left in the bottle for emergency breathing..

50 Liter x 1 bar = 50 Liter divided by using 0,25 Liter an Minute
for breathing = 200 minutes or about 3 hours additional emergency
breathing for one person - just from one empty fuel-oxygen-bottle..

Carsten