Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrogen Fuel Cells coming closer for Psubs?

For both a pure H2 and O2 supply, you could just set up a small electrolysis unit. I don't know how electrically efficient this would be, but I can assume it would require a lot of power. Though you are granted a limitless suppply of gasses for the fuel cell. Whatever is not used, for breathing or propulsion, could be vented back into the sea (to minimize explosive risk--then again, hydrogen gas in an electrically charged chamber might be some sort of risk anyway), or stored in pressurized tanks.

David C