Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Scrubbers

Steve,
Have you tried using a motor designed for a higher voltage than your using?
Either use a 24 volt motor on 12 volts or look for a low speed motor.  The
slower the better.  I haven't built my scrubber yet but it's coming soon.  I've
messed with noise abatement in another application though.

Squirrel cage fans are usually quieter than standard rotating blades.  There is
sound proofing egg crate shaped foam available that you can glue in the interior
of your duct that works well.  Having a ninety degree bend or even a 180, in the
intake and or the exhaust, which ever goes directly to the fan especially works
well too.  You didn't say of your sucking or blowing through your scrubber but I
imagine blowing would be a bit quieter.

Dan H.