Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Weighing

If you can find the CM of each part or component, yes, you can simply treat
them as points of mass.  This is still with the exception of the moment of
inertia I mentioned.  And it does not matter what angle of roll, pitch, or
yaw.  These don't change the CM.  If you locate the CM of your sub and
stand it on its end, or its side or at any angle, the CM is still at the
same location.  Same with CB under water.  Angle does not change this.  As
for the batteries in the box, you can have five points for 5 batteries, or
you can just locate the point in the middle battery with five times the
weight (assuming they are grouped together).  Does not matter.  There is
even a way to find the vertical center of mass of a battery if it that
critical.

GB