Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re:UQC communications

A UQC is different from a hydrophone....a hydrophone is basically an
underwater microphone designed to pick up audio sounds.  A UQC is
essentially and underwater 2-way radio which modulates the audio on an
ultrasonic carrier.  Most of the ones for scuba are modulated on a 32
khz carrier and are single side band.  I have one made by OTS for use
with an AGA full face mask and it works quite well.  I tried designing
and building one of my own and while it worked, it was nowhere's near as
good as the OTS one.

Al

--
Al Secor  ARS: WA3PWX  Scuba Instructor SSI DCSI 5528
http://www.geocities.com/SubDiverI