Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Humm? Lets try this link

Hi David ..

I copy your drawing from moki file
to my PC - save it as bmp - which my CAD programm is able to read,
and feed it into my CAD system -
than I calculate the estimate construction-waterline (cwl) and drawn
into your drawing - the result I convert into a dxf file - which my
picture programm can read and save it as JPG file- this file I send back
to moki files.. See there as: tosmalltanks.jpg.

www.prismnet.com/~moki/subfiles.html

The result is - if your saddle tanks are your only soft tanks - than the
boat on surface station will only shown some 2/3 of the tower - and for
the reason of a very short waterline pretty unstable in longitudinal
direction on the surface..

The reason for this is that the saddle tanks are to small and/or the
sail are to big/high.

For a submarine on surface station there is a simple rule to calculate
the waterline : The air blow volume of the softtanks still under the
waterline must be equal to all the pressure tight volume over the
waterline - and your tower volume is bigger than your softanks - even
with the softanks under water.

The rest is with John - best regards Carsten