Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Humm? Lets try this link

If you're using Netscape, you can right-click on the tiny
picture and do a 'View Picture'.  It'll open up a very large
one that is very clear.  Other browsers undoubtably have a
way of doing the same thing.

A 'clickable' link that opens the larger picture would be
less confusing.

I have put an upright copy of his picture here if anyone
has trouble getting to the other one:

http://www.prismnet.com/~moki/subfiles.html

A couple of comments David,

Is there a reason why you have oblong battery pods instead
of round ones?

I agree that they may fit batteries better, but you're going to
have to take a section of pipe, cut it down the middle, then weld
in two long strips of metal.  Then, somehow find a cap to
seal the ends.  It could be done, but you may find it a bit
easier to use round pipes, and round ones would resist the
pressure better.

Your conning tower might be a bit tall.  (Remember, I'm only
used to the sizing of a Kittredge sub).  I know that sitting
in our sub, and looking out the conning tower viewports, the
tops of my thighs are just a few inches below the ribs in the
hull.  Your conning tower viewports might be 10 inches higher
up than ours, which might make your seating position a bit
awkward.  You might want to find a wall and sketch out a full-sized
outline of your sub using masking tape.  Then stand up next to
it and see if you think it'll work comfortably for you.

Your drawing shows hemispherical endcaps.  Probably drawn that
way because it's easier than drawing elliptical endcaps.
Supposedly, hemispherical endcaps are difficult to get your
hands on.

Just a few thoughts.

-John