Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] intentions

Roger

It sounds to me like you are taking your own frustrations of your projects lacking progress out on the group members who choose to share and discuss some of the more outlandish design ideas. Is it really that much of a burden on you. You're not obliged to read every persons contribution in their entirety. I devote most of my spare time and budget to my dolphin project. I too have the frustrations of running my own business. I know what the real ratio of construction time to real testing time is (about 100:1 presently, which is actually a vast improvement from last year). But I also remember when I first decided I wanted to build my own submersible creation. I remember the many far fetched ideas that I ran through, from bending fuselages to internal vectored jet thrusters. As it turned out most of my finalized power choices were far more conservative than those initial dreams of revolutionizing modern technology, but I have the utmost respect for those who choose to pursue the more unreliable and often least cost effective alternatives. Most will, as I did, eventually bow down to the impracticalities and their own dwindling budgets, but some like the great William Hamilton , a fellow New Zealander and perfector  of the modern jet pump, chose to stick by an idea that had been tested and had failed for over 100 years. Regardless of the odds of success, I think it is an important stage for every builder to go through. How many people to you really think are going to want to build submersibles if you deny them the possibility of contributing new ideas, regardless of whether they've been discussed before or you deem them unworkable. I look back at my old sketches with great joy seeing how far I've come since then but also how cynical I've become as I've learnt more; a fact which I am not always proud of. I say we need to keep the spirit of innovation alive and if you're not interested just click to the next e mail until you find what ever it is you need to hear.

Rob Innes
INNESPACE

Roger Rabbit wrote:

hi guyswell it's like thisevery day i come home from my joband the first thing i do is download psubslike many of us do .i'm no damn scientist i don't work in ITi'm just a humble joe doing his thing.yet i am amased at he amount of diversion that we are having to take in to cosiderationi allways head back to kittredgescrubber systems: kittredge said the air gets a bit stuffy round about an hour submergedthus you surface and open the lid and let some fresh in .( logic)but no we gotta get into all kindsa different systems to replenish the commodity we breathalong with rocket propulsion sytemscomputer controlled breathing systemstap tap tap communication systemssyntactic ping pong balls(yeah right)i'm gonna build a hot air balloon out of used car tyres?don't get me wrong guysas far as i see it if you want to be in an R andD situation no problemevolution will not happen unless you experiment.,but we all seem to be talking  and not buildingthe main question is when did you last dive in a submersiblefor me it was two years ago in the red seaprevious it was two months in a fresh water lake in a morgo.finances prohibit me from building a K350i have four mouths to feed and a business to run(priority)please lets get back to welding the bugger togetherswapping ideas and getting wet.don't get ,me wrong i'm all for experimentingbut every day i get further away from getting wetand further into drawing software and design criteriaDID holland have a PCi think nottalk is cheap actions speak louder than words let's not forget the actual is to dive so quit talking let's weldall genius is simpleregards roger rabbitsorry if you don't like the tone i'm just fed up with reading other peoplesunfounded ideaslets have some results good or bad