Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] shapeable incompressable filler..any ideas?

As always, I'm going to suggest not scrimping, and doing it a proper, tried and tested
way.You could of course make your own syntactic foan by mixing glass beads and
epoxy. The glass beads  will be essential non-compressible, especially at the
working depths of an ambient pressure sub, and the epoxy will stick powerfully to just
about anything. It would be shapeable; you can mix it thick and try to shape it as you
position the filler, and it would be able to be tooled when hardened.

As with all things marine, and especially all things submarine, it doesn't pay to look
for cheap shortcuts.

How much volume are you trying to displace?

JP