From: Alec Smyth
To: 'personal_submersibles@psubs.org'
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 2:15 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] little sub brother wants input

Bob, nice drawing but a bit hard to interpret! The ballast tanks, if thatīs what the "saddle-bags" are, seem an odd shape and I'm interested in the rationale for it. It would appear from the shape that their center of buoyancy would shift aft to forward as you blew them... could complicate things. Also, it the "bump" on the front a viewport? It seems a non-standard geometry that would present problems if you go for a 1 atm design.

Alec