Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] external Motors for depths of 1000ft

Herve

On your Caribsubs, do you run your motors variable speed or are they just 36V
on/off, with no rheostat?  I presume not all four thrusters can be used for
forward thrust so what speed will they cruise at with the forward thrusters.
Did you say they are factory rated to 140 feet or has this just been a trial
and error depth testing on your part ? Has anyone destroyed a factory
unmodified trolling motor by taking it too deep? Thanks for all the input!!!

Rob Innes