Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Water-powered Sub...

Anthony,

"There are hundreds of ways to charge batteries. Hydrogen ain't one of them."

What do you think a PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane) Fuel Cell produces? It just as hell doesn't BURN the hydrogen. It simply extracts ELECTRICITY from the reaction, which could then be used for anything you wanted to use it for. In the case of the Ballard Power Systems Nexa module, all 26 volts at 46 amps DC of it, INCLUDING charging batteries! And if battery technology is advancing so rapidly, then why the heck do I have to charge my darn cell phone every 8 hours? It's BRAND NEW, for goodness sake! ;)

BTW, I am only arguing on an academic plane; I'm not being hostile, just to clear things up.

- Jacob Lauser